Cambridge Pregnancy Pelvic Pain & Back Pain Clinics
Cambridge Pregnancy pelvic pain & back pain clinics
Our clinics are based in Cambridge and Waterbeach. We are able to treat pregnancy pelvic pain & back pain. Our Osteopath uses fairly gentle and non-invasive manual therapy techniques. Treatment reduces the severity of the pain and improve low back and pelvic mobility in combination with prescriptive exercise & lifestyle advice.
If you would like to find out more information, you can even read our guide to Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain and low back pain (Click on the hyperlink). Though we have summarised the key points from the guide as shown below.
- During pregnancy the body undergoes a lot changes including the growth of the breasts and Uterus, abdominal muscle stretching (due to baby growth), nerves may become compressed with the baby moves as the baby grows or shifts position, pelvic joints and ligaments loose and can become strained. As shown in the picture above
- Low back Pain and Pelvic Girdle pain usually starts in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- Manual Therapy / Osteopathic manipulative treatment can be effective for managing Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain and low back pain
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Recommends Osteopathy for pregnancy related Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Osteopathic treatment can be applied safely during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- Osteopathy can be combined with obstetric care (Midwife & Obstetrician) during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- Lower back massage can significantly reduce labour pain and increase the satisfaction with birth
- Mothers who experience high levels of pain during pregnancy may be at an increased risk of complications during labour
For tips and information you can follow us on social media